Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Section in the Etsy Shop




I have made a committment to participate in the Michigan Breast Cancer 3-day in September of this year. I have begun my training but need to begin my fundraising. I will need to raise $2,200 before I can attend the walk. Raising money is very difficult for me because I do not like to ask for help. I really love to share my creativity with people so I have decided to open a section up on my new Etsy shop titled Benevolent Blooms. Since the word benevolent means caring, compassionate, kind and giving I thought it was quite a fitting title for a fundraiser. A big THANK YOU to my husband Tom for the great name. With every purchase of a package of blooms I will donate all the proceeds (minus shipping costs) to the Breast Cancer 3-day. By doing this I felt that I would be "giving" customers my custom designed flowers and they would be "giving" me a donation for a wonderful cause. I plan on having many color choices and themes. Each paper flower is individually hand cut by me and inked, painted and embellished individually. I am currently working on a scrapbook layout about my committment to this cause using these blooms and will be posting it soon. Please check the Etsy shop soon for the first few flower designs. I hope you will enjoy them.

Have a great day!

No comments: