Friday, April 17, 2009

Crocus Kettle Gourd Birdhouse-Final Steps

I have finished the kettle gourd birdhouse. It was very enjoyable to paint with such bright vivid colors for a spring design.



I added 3 coats of exterior spar urethane (sanding lightly between each coat) for a very durable and long lasting finish. Since Michigan has such sever temperature changes, I always use the best product for the most extreme conditions.

This is a close-up of the flower detail.
I tied a bit of raffia around the hanger and added some seed beads for a nice touch. What bird wouldn't want some home decor accents right?
The hanger I use is a heavy duty suede cord tied at the end.

The front view of the final product.
I hope you try painting one of these birdhouses for your use. Caution.....it's pretty addicting!


Have a great week,

Darlene