Friday, November 14, 2008

Crocheted Poinsettias

I took a small break from cleaning gourds and crocheted a set of these poinsettias yesterday. They were very quick and easy to make with a warm holiday feel. I hand embroidered the french knots in the center for a realistic look. That really brought me back to the old days when my mother and I sat and did the old fashioned cross stitch (not the counted). After all the gourd cleaning and crocheting my hands are feeling the workout! I need to head outside before the rain hits and finish raking the leaves and cutting back the hostas and then all the perennials are ready for winter. We had some snow the other day but that has now melted. The weather forecast is calling for rain turning into snow by this afternoon and Saturday total snow so I'm heading out now to see what I can accomplish. Have a great day!


No comments: